Based on 1,272 responses, the job of Bookkeeper has received a job satisfaction rating of 4.14 out of 5. Compensation data tools, salary structures, surveys and benchmarks.
- These charts show the average hourly wage , as well as the average total hourly cash compensation for the job of Bookkeeper in the United States.
- Bookkeepers is a company that knows that you want to work for you, not some random faceless company.
- Many clients may be willing to pay a little more in exchange for trustworthy knowledge and training.
- In September 2022, Payscale placed the national U.S. average rate for bookkeepers at $18.46 per hour.
Ideally, the clients whose books you review most often should have a lower rate than those that you see on a one-time or annual basis. Monthly and quarterly clients often require less work than those you see once a year because you review their books more often.
Average Bookkeeper Salary Over Time
This company looks to hire employees who live within the city limits so that they can reach for meetings and training when needed. This organization has a good reputation for maintaining a wonderful clientele and offering home community jobs.
If you want a high degree of control and direct oversight over how your books are done, hiring an in-house bookkeeper might be the way to go. With a direct employee, you’ll have control over their day-to-day and can dictate how things are done. $18.69Many factors can affect how much it will cost you to bring a bookkeeper onto your team.
What you need to start a virtual bookkeeping business
A Bachelor’s Degree gets its holder an average salary of 3,370 EUR per month, 50% more than someone with a Certificate or Diploma. Additionally, Bookkeeper whose expertise span anywhere between ten and fifteen years get a salary equivalent to 2,980 EUR per month, 22% more than someone with five to ten years of experience. There are over 150,000 bookkeepers and accounting technicians working in Canada. A typical full-time annual salary for this occupation is in the region of $40,000 – $50,000.
- The average UpWork writer charges $10-$25 per hour, with the rate depending on the experience, qualifications and location.
- When you hire one of these firms, the usual process is that they’ll give you a quote estimating how many hours it will take them to do your books, and what the cost for that will be.
- Furthermore, if you’re looking for a bookkeeper that already knows the software your company is working with, you might be paying more for that knowledge and experience as well.
- To learn more about the benefits included and how to get started with the AIPB or the NACPB certification, check out our bookkeeper certification guide.
- If so, bookkeeping jobs or accountant opportunities that are hitting the market are the best for you.
Unlike many traditional firms, online providers aren’t usually restricted by geography, so their services are available anywhere in the US. These charts show the average hourly wage , as well as the average total hourly cash compensation for the job of Bookkeeper in the United States. The average hourly rate for Bookkeeper ranges from $18 to $23 with the average hourly pay of $20.
How Much Does A Bookkeeper Make A Year?
GrowthForce can serve as your outsourced advanced bookkeeping and accounting department. If either part-time or in-house bookkeeping is not the ideal solution, switching to outsourced bookkeeping or accounting could be your best option. Many businesses are concerned about switching over to outsourcing, not understanding how the pieces fit together with this model. But with today’s advancements in technology, outsourcing has never been easier. Outsourcing can provide advanced and less costly bookkeeping service than a typical in-house bookkeeper.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, bookkeepers charge the most in the state of Alaska where the average salary is $48,640 per year and bookkeeper $23.39 per hour. South Dakota is on the other end of the scale with local bookkeepers charging $33,970 and $16.33 per hour.